ROW, PLAY, TRAIN & ADVENTURE
Ever thought about rowing in New Zealand for your GAP year? West End Rowing Club would like to help make it happen.
Heres what to tell your parents as too why rowing in New Zealand will be good for you; A new perspective on life , World class rowing competition, Regular multi-lane Olympic distance races, Travel and work opportunities, Social activities and a chance to make life long friends, Make you stronger, fitter, faster, Give you independence
And if that doesn’t work tell them “I’ll be training so hard I won’t have the energy to get in to trouble”
No but seriously WHAT WEST END ROWING CLUB CAN OFFER YOU IS
- Assistance with organising a GAP year in NZ, we will give you the help you need to live, row and have fun.
- Some of the best rowing water in Auckland. We are able to get on the water 99% of the time, with the option for sheltered river conditions, or heading out onto the Waitemata harbour – even rowing under the Auckland harbour bridge on a good day.
- Two club houses, the main newer club house in Avondale and a smaller boat shed in Mercer, on the banks of the Waikato river (training camps made easy!)
- Easy transport options, you can ride your bike to our Avondale club. Located in the western suburbs of Auckland city. Conveniently sited for living in central or west Auckland.
- Full gym and erg room. Modern club house, large changing rooms with hot showers.
- A pontoon, so no cold wet feet.
- Modern plant and equipment, of international standard.
- A proud history, We have been around since 1884 (which is pretty old for NZ standards) and can name a number of NZ representatives and Olympians, such as Mahe Drysdale who are members of our club.
- A friendly club environment and a sense of community.
To ensure a work/life/fun balance we run two on water morning sessions midweek and two morning sessions on Saturday, then have Sunday OFF (to recover from Saturday night)
Our season starts in October and runs through until February the following year. In the southern hemisphere this is our spring/summer time and this is when we do the majority of our racing.Over the Xmas/New Years holidays we run a training camp.
To register your interest please enter your details in the form below.